Marillac House’s child development programs are year-round and we conduct open enrollment throughout the year, depending on availability. We often have waiting lists, so register your child early to assure your child’s placement.
Child Development Programs Admissions Information
Marillac House is contracted with the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) and will assist qualifying parents in obtaining IDHS child care assistance. Tuition is based on household income and family size.
- Generally, applicants must be employed or enrolled in school.*
- For the early childhood education program (15 months-3 years) and the pre-kindergarten program (3-5 years), families seeking admission must:
*Other requirements apply for teen parents in high school, or families who receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) participating in an IDHS training program.
- Reside in the city of Chicago
- Qualify for the free or reduced lunch program
- For pre-kindergarten (3-5 years), child must be 3 years old on or before September 1st and fully potty-trained
The before/after school program (ages 5-13) and summer camp programs are open to all families.
PRIORITIES FOR ADMISSION
- Siblings of children currently enrolled
- Teen parents
- Families who qualify for IDHS child care assistance
- Families who are eligible to receive Department of Child and Family Services child care assistance
APPROPRIATENESS OF PROGRAM
Marillac House provides quality programs for children ages 15 months to 13 years of age. Our programs are tailored by age groups, therefore during the enrollment process we match the child’s age to the availability in the appropriate program for the child’s age group.
Our admissions process is easy and fast! It typically takes 1-2 weeks and is conducted in 5 steps:
- Admissions Coordinator contacts family to schedule an eligibility interview
- Applicants who are eligible receive an offer of enrollment
- Eligible applicants schedule a tour to visit the center
- Applicant completes the required documentation**
- Family receives an orientation and a start date is scheduled
**Required documentation for enrollment: child’s birth certificate, proof of income (pay stub or tax returns), parents’ school schedule (if applicable), child’s updated medical documentation including a physical exam, immunization documents, and asthma/allergy action plan (if applicable), copy of medical/health insurance card
Before, After and Out of School Program
Our before, after and out of school program allows working families the comfort that their child is safe and participating in recreational and educational activities after school. Marillac Social Center has children attending from the following schools:
- Learn Charter
- Calhoun North
- Jesuit Academy
- Holy Family
- Leif Erickson